Meron Card Holder
Handcrafted out of sustainably sourced leather by artisans in Ethiopia who are coming out of poverty, our Meron Card Holder will hold all of your essential cards and I.D.'s and is the perfect size to slide into your purse or pocket. It also makes a great gift!
Dimensions: Closed: 4.25" Long, 3" Wide, 0.5" Deep, Open: 6" Wide
Material: 100% genuine leather*, sourced locally in Ethiopia
Made In: Ethiopia
- 4 slit pockets on the inside for cards, ID's, etc.
- Leather is smooth to the touch
- Please note, there could be natural flaws and slight color variations in the leather
- *Our artisans in Ethiopia source leather from animals that are first a product of the local meat industry, which contributes to a circular economy and ensures that no animals are hurt for the production of our products. Artisans use vegetable dyes to produce rich, vibrant colors that are both renewable and sustainable.
Artisan Group: Meron Addis Ababa
Meron encourages and employs primarily women (80% of her team is female), giving them a chance to learn a new skill and provide a living wage to support their families. These Artisans receive in-house training on issues relevant to their circumstances, encouraging all of them to reach their dreams. Her vision is to create high-quality leather products ethically and efficiently, implementing sustainable fashion into her business model.
* 100% of your purchase will go back into the organization to help the women and families we serve and enhance the BraveWorks' Artisan program.
Meron Card Holder
Where it's made
Ethiopia is an East African nation and has the lowest level of income-inequality in Africa and one of the lowest in the world. It is one of the poorest nations in the world, and its capital Addis Ababa is where we find stunning jewelry, handbags and other leather accessories all handcrafted by vulnerable women. We partner with artisan groups serving women overcoming extreme poverty as well as women infected with HIV/AIDS. Many products are up-cycled and repurposed out of bullet casings and other materials to create eco-friendly and beautiful products from past violence.
How it's made
One of our newest partners, Meron encourages and employs primarily women (80% of her team is female), giving impoverished women a chance to learn a new skill and provide a living wage with which to support their families. Meron supports her artisans additionally through in-house trainings on issues relevant to the women, encouraging all of the artisans to reach their dreams. Meron has a fabulous sense of design and brings a level of quality and workmanship uncommon in many countries. Her vision is to create high quality leather products ethically and efficiently, implementing sustainable fashion into her business model.