Meron Passport Cover
Travel in style with our Meron Passport Cover! Made out of ethically-sourced leather, it will provide durability for even the furthest of travels, and you can rest easy and enjoy yourself knowing that your passport is safe and secure. Purchase it for your upcoming trip or give it as a gift to the world traveler in your life!
This passport cover is handmade by artisans coming out of poverty in Ethiopia. Our artisan group leader, Meron, provides them with the opportunity to learn a new skill and earn a living wage. Your purchase will help us provide purposeful work for these artisans.
- Closed- 6.75" long, 4.25" wide
- Open- 8.5" wide
- 100% genuine leather*
- Leather is sourced locally and ethically in Ethiopia
- Multiple pockets inside for IDs, cards, and important papers
- There may be natural flaws and slight color variations in the leather
- * Our artisans in Ethiopia source leather from animals that are first a product of the local meat industry, which contributes to a circular economy and ensures that no animals are hurt for the production of our products. Artisans use vegetable dyes to produce rich, vibrant colors that are both renewable and sustainable.
- Handmade in: Ethiopia
Artisan group leader: Meron (scroll down to learn more about Meron and her artisans)
Meron Passport Cover
Where it's made
Ethiopia is an East African nation and has the lowest level of income-inequality in Africa and one of the lowest in the world. It is one of the poorest nations in the world, and its capital Addis Ababa is where we find stunning jewelry, handbags and other leather accessories all handcrafted by vulnerable women. We partner with artisan groups serving women overcoming extreme poverty as well as women infected with HIV/AIDS. Many products are up-cycled and repurposed out of bullet casings and other materials to create eco-friendly and beautiful products from past violence.
How it's made
One of our newest partners, Meron encourages and employs primarily women (80% of her team is female), giving impoverished women a chance to learn a new skill and provide a living wage with which to support their families. Meron supports her artisans additionally through in-house trainings on issues relevant to the women, encouraging all of the artisans to reach their dreams. Meron has a fabulous sense of design and brings a level of quality and workmanship uncommon in many countries. Her vision is to create high quality leather products ethically and efficiently, implementing sustainable fashion into her business model.